History

imageThe company was born of the merger in 1975 between Pharma Industries Inc., a Zuellig-owned company established in the 1950′s, and Muller and Phipps, a US-owned company established in the 1940′s. The merged company was called Interphil Laboratories, Inc.

In 1995, Interphil transferred to its present site located at the Canlubang Industrial Estate, Bo. Pittland, Cabuyao, Laguna, 50 kilometers south of Manila.

In 1996, a facility for manufacturing soft gelatin capsules – the first in the Philippines – was established in a joint venture with other leading healthcare companies.

In 1997, the Asian Financial Crisis served as catalyst for the closure of many multinational pharmaceutical manufacturing plants in the Asia Pacific. Interphil gained a generous share of benefits by in-sourcing 250 new products from three big pharmaceutical companies. In the same year, Interphil received full ISO 9002 certification.

In 1998, the fully cGMP-compliant Beta Lactams facility was opened at the former Novartis manufacturing plant in Canlubang.

Interphil obtained Australia TGA certification in 1999, followed by the first exports to Australia in 2000. Since then, exports have expanded to Hong Kong, Singapore, Thailand, New Zealand, Malaysia and Taiwan and many more countries.

At the end of 2003, Interphil obtained the ISO 9001:2000 certification.